|Job Title:||Tier 3 NOC Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £45,000|
NOC Tier 3 Engineer – Permanent – West Midlands
Provide technical expertise at Tier 3 level in problem management, technical escalation and liaison with Engineering for core network technologies including Ethernet, broadband, security and optical.
• Working with Group Engineering – identifying and submitting Normal Changes, Capacity and Availability Management, implementation and quality assurance of agreed standards.
• Active participation with Group Engineering, in the development and introduction of new and advanced technologies into the network.
• Plan out network installations and upgrade projects, assign milestone tasks to Network Engineers ensuring company deadlines for full implementation are met.
• Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting issues relating to network infrastructure and hardware, including fulfilment of out-of-hours on-call rota.
• Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, as the technical lead, during fault and maintenance conditions.
• Coach and mentor other staff members as needed to ensure personnel are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible in a team oriented professional culture.
• Stay on top of new technologies, researching hardware and software solutions, identifying product specifications are fit-for-purpose; create test plans and present results, in report format, to the business.
• Design and conduct training courses for Network Engineers and other staff as required.
• Provide network status reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
• Preparing and maintaining network documentation as required.
• Cisco IOS
• IP and associated routing protocols
• OSPF, BGP protocols
• Alcatel Networking
• Calix optical networking
• Network Support experience in relevant technologies
• Network Support experience in Service Provider environment
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.