To provide commercially pragmatic town planning advice and support in all areas of asset management and programme / project delivery, ensuring that the Town Planning and Community Relations Team is a recognised centre of excellence within the business and delivering outstanding service to all customers and stakeholders.
• Through training and experience to be one of the most effective and exemplary experts in your professional field
• To help maintain and implement up to date and easy to use planning guidelines and associated documentation to ensure we act in compliance with planning legislation, in accordance with planning policy and follow best practice.
• To exert influence and lend expertise to related areas, such as design or cycle time reduction initiatives, to promote wider best practice, top results and true asset management.
• To lead, handle and support the most difficult and/or business critical planning work
• To monitor and take active steps where necessary to protect client interests against competing land uses and development
• To foster and maintain excellent working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including our customers, landowners and local and national government.
• To support colleagues in the wider business and foster trust and strong working relationships.
• To maintain and implement active monitoring and performance measurement of our internal and external resources involved in town planning and community relations, so that problems or training needs can be identified and acted upon, and so that best practice can be built upon.