|Job Title:||Warehouse Supervisor|
|Salary:||£24,000 - £27,000 + benefits|
Job title: Warehouse Supervisor – Automotive
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 + benefits
My client is a rapidly growing first tier automotive supplier. Due to major contract wins they are now looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join them in their brand new manufacturing facility in Birmingham.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the Co-Ordination of Logistics staff & ensure safe & efficient operation of all personnel activities, from Goods Receiving, Material Movement & Line Feeding to the Loading of FG Components & Live Transactions within ERP. The Supervisor will work with Continuous Improvement Team members to drive “Best Practice” & Improved process, reducing waste, driving out error & creating a well-trained flexible team ready to take on the ever growing demands of 1st tier Automotive Manufacture.
• Manage the Goods Receiving Operation to ensure that receiving, checking and logging goods in, is done in a timely manner & with great accuracy both physically & within the ERP System (SAP).
• Work with all aspects of Logistics Function to develop process & allow Repeatable controlled Material Flow from Bulk & Intermediate storage to Wash Area & production Locations.
• Communicate with Material Planning team if error is found with any Receiving of Material & Quality Department if delivery does not match up to expected standards.
• Develop Process that support & Maintains stock accuracy. Investigate & encourage Team Interaction to find solutions & pull on all Logistics resource where required.
• Document Logistics process in line with Company Process Landscape. Take Guidance from Quality Department to ensure products are ready for IATF Certification in 2021.
• Work with production team leaders & Quality Tech’s to ensure stock levels at the production line are kept within key expected levels to support production volumes.
• Proactively look for process improvements with respective departments to improve efficiency & remove waste throughout the Logistics activity
• Work with MP&L Manager to develop Team Training & Individual development plans to drive “succession planning” and demonstrate Internal Growth.
• Encourage Start of shift Briefings to understand key activities, concerns & or Company News or Briefings especially around Health & Safety
• Liaise with Material Planning to create an effective Delivery plan that allows management of resource in advance. Smooth Delivery schedules where required to avoid Congestion
Skills and Experience Required:
• Must have supervisory/team leading experience gained in a warehouse within an engineering/manufacturing environment
• Experience of running a fast paced warehouse where multiple material fill systems are in place (Example: Physical Kanban/Min Max systems/Scan Box Kanban)
• Experience using SAP (or a similar MRP system) within a physical logistics process (Scanning/Material Transactions)
• Forklift Truck Licensed recognised by the UK HSE Guidelines (RTITB or equivalent)
• Able to work in a team environment & lead a team plus good communication skills
• The initiative to resolve and advise on Logistics related issues
• Must have good organisation skills and be able to work to strict deadlines
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.