Wayleave Officer – Permanent – UK Wide
Your New Role:
The overall purpose of the role will be to assist with the delivery of a wide range of Electricity, Energy, Renewable and projects throughout Scotland and England. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude, who thrives on a challenge.
You will be primarily responsible for:
· Identifying land ownership and occupational rights for infrastructure projects
· Securing landowner consents for infrastructure projects
· Purchasing/Leasing of land for operational purposes
· Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms
· Resolving disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use
· Assessment and settling of damage/compensation claims
· Liaising with estates surveyors, projects managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives and other professional staff
· Utilising GIS software
This role will involve regular travel and therefore a driving licence is essential for the successful candidate. In addition, there may be occasions when an overnight stay will be required as part of the role.
To be Successful:
You must be extremely self-motivated and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner, engendering trust and confidence.
You will have a working knowledge of land related computer packages and be fully conversant with the relevant legislation, and an understanding of statutory and environmental constraints. As a strong negotiator, you will have the ability to manage projects at an advanced level and demonstrate strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
Our Client are a Telecommunications company looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Wayleave Officer to join their busy team, to help with their project of putting electricity in the ground.