Three charities, three peaks and an aim to raise £5,000! Fuel Recruitment have started training for the notoriously difficult 3 Peaks Challenge this summer to raise money for our three chosen charities for 2019.
Our group of budding (very inexperienced) mountaineers will be attempting to climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon – all within a 24-hour period!
Some facts and figures about the trek:
- Total walking distance: around 26 miles
- Total ascent: 3,064 metres (10,052ft)
- Highest peak: Ben Nevis at 1,345 metres (4,413 ft)
- Most difficult peak: Scafell Pike is considered by many as the most difficult of the three peaks (despite it being dwarfed by Ben Nevis at “only” 978 metres)
- Snowdon is the highest mountain in Wales with an altitude of 1,085 metres (3,560 ft) and is the highest point in Britain outside of Scotland
Our chosen charities for 2019 are the Acute Stroke Unit at Sunderland Royal Hospital, Mind, and the RNLI. They have been selected for very personal reasons by our recruitment consultants, which you can read about in more detail on our JustGiving fundraising pages.
Over the years Fuel has raised over £160,000 for worthy charitable causes through events such as this. We really appreciate anything you may be able to donate to add to this total.
You can make a secure online donation directly through our JustGiving fundraising page: https://www.justgiving.com/teams/fuel-3-peaks-challenge-2019